Day 01 : (Arrival) Airport – Negombo (Approx. 20 minutes Drive)
- Arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport where you will be met & welcome by Journeyator representative and transfer to Negombo
- En-route City tour of Negombo
- Transfer to hotel in Negombo
- Overnight stay at the hotel
Negombo has been mostly unexplored but less crowded as most tourists use the town for the first or the last night of their stay in Sri Lanka. That is where the advantage where you have the beach mostly to yourself. Nevertheless those who have identified its secrets have been visiting the town year after year. Fine beach stretches are superbly maintained by the hotels while some are always busy with fisherman and their equipment. Equipment for water sports such as diving, wind surfing are available at most hotels and private vendors.
Overnight Stay at 'Jetwing Lagoon' Hotel - Deluxe Room or Over Stay at 'Jetwing Beach' Hotel – Deluxe Room
Day 02 : Negombo – Kandy (Approx. 03 hour Drive)
- After breakfast, proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit Pinnawela Elephant orphanage
- Also en-route City tour of Kandy
- Transfer to hotel in Kandy
- Visit Temple of the sacred tooth relic Kandy
- Evening witness to Kandy cultural show
- Dinner and overnight say at hotel
Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, established in 1975, commenced with seven orphans. Today some of these orphans enjoy the fortune of seeing their grandchildren born in the same location. The original objective of establishing the orphanage inclined more towards tourism, but is soon became a conservation and educational centre. With the help of local and foreign elephant experts, Pinnawela started a scientific captive-breeding programme for elephants. The free movement of the herd enhanced the chances for respective individuals of both sexes to get together and mate. The nearby river played a dominant role in this regard, and in 1984, the first baby of Pinnawela was born. The success story of Pinnawela has drawn the attention of scientists from all over the world. A considerable number of books and research articles on Pinnawela have been published in several languages. The members of the Pinnawela herd have been filmed, videoed and photographed thousands of times by professionals.
Kandy was Last ruled by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe - before it was brought under the British rule in 1815, Kandy - the World Heritage Site & last royal capital of Sri Lankan kings - crafts an array of culture, history and heritage in the minds of visitors across the globe. A stroll across this small lakeside town - cradled among the misty hills. will feature the Kandy City Centre - bundled with latest and world class brands, bazaar, an arts & crafts centre, as well as a gem museum & lapidary. Drive towards Victoria Golf Course, undoubtedly one of the best golf courses in the world for a sweep blended with class and style. Or walk in color as you glide through fresh fruits and vegetables in the Kandy market. Fine tube your evening by stepping to the beat of traditional music & drumming amplified by a cultural show enhancing the rich and vibrant culture of the Wonder of Asia, Sri Lanka.
Temple of the Tooth Relic is the Most Sacred Place for the Buddhists in all over the World. The Sacred Tooth Relic (Dālada) of the Buddha is the most venerated object of worship for Buddhists. Its present house, the Temple of the Tooth Relic (Dālada Māligāwa) in Kandy, Sri Lanka is considered the foremost sacred place of worship in the Buddhist world.
Kandy Cultural Show is one of the most famous event / sight seing available for the foreigners in their visit to Sri Lanka. This spontaneous event upheld the Sri Lankan Folk-lore dance which prevailed from the history. It shows the uniqueness of the Sri Lankan dance performances and the drummers who are very unique to Sri Lanka. As the final event in the Cultural show, walking on fire is done with the everlasting faith towards the god.
Dinner and Overnight Stay at 'Cinnamon Citadel' Hotel – Superior Room
Day 03 : (Departure) Kandy – Bandaranaike International Airport (Approx. 03 hour Drive)
- After breakfast, visit Royal Botanical Garden in Peradeniya
- Transfer to Airport for the Departure Flight
Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens, the finest of its kind in Asia, the largest of the botanical gardens of Sri Lanka, couldn't be better located. In the Mediterranean climate of Kandy, the gateway to the Central Highlands, the Gardens, at an elevation of 500 meters above sea-level, were tightly bounded on three sides by a loop of River Mahaweli (Great sandy river), the largest river of Sri Lanka.
End of the Tour
- Accommodation on sharing double BB basis for 02 nights 03 Days (Complementary upgrade to half board at Cinnamon Citadel Kandy)
- Transportation by Air-Conditioned car throughout the tour with an English Speaking driver cum guide during the whole tour
- Mineral Water 02 bottles per person per day (500 ml each)
- Includes all the Government Local Taxes (current prevailing)
- All entrance fees as per the program – Pay Directly at the sites
- Expenses of personal nature (Telephone calls, Laundry etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Any items specifically not mentioned in the itinerary
- Video and Camera permits
- beverages throughout the tour
- All extra mileages, extra entrance fees out of the program
- Rooms will be on availability & in case if the said hotels are fully booked due to any reason, similar hotels will be provided in the same vicinity or nearest location
- We will upgrade to you to half board with complimentary basis at Cinnamon Citadel Kandy
- Standard check-in time and check-out time at the hotels 1400 hrs – 1200 hrs
- For Credit Card payments an additional of 3.5% surcharge will be added on top of the Total invoice amount